WhatsApp has become an essential app in these moments of confinement and one of its most used features is that of video calls, therefore, it is convenient to know how a group video call is made to talk to friends or family. We share some tips on how to make a group video call on WhatsApp.
In these days of quarantine at home due to the coronavirus pandemic, technology helps a lot to spend better these days, a little more pleasant as much as possible. Especially if you are away from family, video calls are a good option, and that is that the use of WhatsApp is being elevated these days.
Through them you can talk and see friends, family and other people you want in real-time, it is not the same as seeing them physically, but at least you can have a more direct contact than making phone calls or sending a WhatsApp message.
Applications like WhatsApp allow you to make a group video call, but the truth is that it offers a limit that they should probably extend, but this is another topic. In any case, it may be very short and you have to resort to alternatives such as Zoom.
That is, right now there is a limit of people who can be making a video call on WhatsApp at the same time, so if you want to make a video call with more people, you must resort to other options.
You should know that you can make a group video call through different sections, that is, that you can follow different routes in the application to make these types of calls, you can choose the one that is most comfortable for you at all times.
You can run a video call through the WhatsApp chats tab through these few steps:
- Open WhatsApp and access the contacts or chats tab if you already have any conversation open with the person with whom you are going to make the group video call. Once inside the chat, put your phone in a suitable position so that you can be seen perfectly with the front camera and click on the video call icon at the top.
- Now you just have to add more people by clicking on the icon in the upper right of ” add contact ” from your calendar.
- Finally, you just have to wait a few moments for the different contacts to answer the group video call and that’s it, you can start talking.
Keep in mind that to enjoy good quality in video calls through WhatsApp you must have a good connection, preferably it is better to be connected via WiFi because this procedure uses megabytes, so keep this in mind if you do it with your data plan.
There is another fairly simple procedure to make a group video call, specifically, from the calls section, follow these steps:
- Go to the “calls” tab and click on the call icon in the upper right. Click on “ new group call ”, choose the contacts and click on the video call icon. Finally, you must wait for all the invited people to respond.
Through a group
If by chance the people with whom you are going to make the video call are within a group, you can execute the video call from within the group itself, do the following:
- Enter the group and click on the “video call” icon to start it.
When you do not want to continue talking on WhatsApp, you will only have to press the red button to hang up the call, although you always have the option to mute the microphone, the video and even change the camera (from front to back or vice versa) and others when you need it.
You may also like to read- https://bumbleblog.co.uk/