When choosing headphones, I always pay attention to sound quality, how comfortable they lie in the ears, as well as the price. The lesson is not easy, among the headphones – to find exactly those. Honor FlyPods is an excellent alternative to AirPods that fit all these parameters. I’ll tell you why.
When you first see FlyPods, you involuntarily draw a parallel with the design of AirPods. They are a bit similar, but the special form of Honor FlyPods “swan neck” catches the eye, thanks to which the earbuds fit comfortably and securely in the ear and are hardly felt.
The FlyPods built-in battery lasted me for about two and a half hours of work, and the 420 mAh case lasts 3-4 times extra charge.
The case itself is charged via USB Type-C port or using wireless charging.
The headset has excellent noise reduction, clear sound, pleasant deep bass, and a large volume margin. I can’t hear anything except music.
Dust and moisture protection is carried out according to the IP54 standard – headphones are not afraid of walking in the rain and playing sports, but they will not survive complete immersion in water.
How to control Honor FlyPods headphones?
FlyPods are equipped with touch controls:
- right earpiece (two touches): play/stop or answer an incoming call;
- Left earpiece (two touches): launch a voice assistant or answer an incoming call.
In order to switch to the operating mode: press the function button on the back side of the case – it is responsible for connecting to Bluetooth and watching the charging on the case itself. When connected to a FlyPods device, they automatically switch to the operating mode: both headphones turn on synchronously, and when they return to the case, they turn off and start charging.
By removing one earpiece from the ear, the track is automatically paused, but the reverse action does not occur. To resume listening to music, you should double-tap on the right earpiece.
It is worth noting that if it is the right earpiece that returns to the charging case, then for replay, you need to turn on the track on the phone or use the voice assistant. At the same time, the left earpiece does not require reconnection, since both works independently of each other.
Slightly upset the lack of switching tracks and volume control, it can be done only through a smartphone or voice assistant.
The light indicator on the case indicates the level of charge FlyPods: red – up to 20%, yellow – from 20% to 80%, green – 100%.
The case itself is charged 100% for 3 hours, and the headphones for 2. Also, by returning the headphones to the case for 15 minutes, the autonomy of the headset is extended for another 30 minutes.
FlyPods are packed in a blue matte box, in which in addition to the headphones themselves, you will find: a charging case, a USB Type-C cable and instructions in English and Chinese.
Each headset is equipped with speakers and a microphone.
The case is made of glossy polycarbonate. A functional button is located on the back of the case, and a port for charging USB Type-C is located on the bottom.
Of the disadvantages:
- make the volume higher / lower or switch the track – only through the phone;
- easy rassinhron when playing videos from YouTube (0.03 sec.).
Of the benefits:
- case charge lasts up to 20 hours of headphones;
- good sound insulation;
- soft fixation – the headphones are tight in the ears, but do not exert pressure;
- support of the IP54 standard (protection against moisture and dust).
Specifications of Honor FlyPods headphones
- wireless connection;
- type of headphones: earbuds;
- Bluetooth 5.0 support;
- case charging time: 3 hours;
- Headphone charging time: from 15 min. up to 2 hours;
- working time: 1 earphone – up to 3 hours, a couple – 2 hours 30 minutes;
- working range: up to 10 m;
- a frequency range of headphones: 20-20000Hz;
- The microphone is built into the headphone housing.
Honor FlyPods – will appeal to those who are looking for good wireless headphones with excellent sound quality and protection from moisture.