Another account-Do you have several email boxes but do you want to unify your mails in which you check more often? Yes, that’s why you’re here. If you want to receive the Gmail emails in another account, that is, they are automatically forwarded to another box, for example, Hotmail, Outlook or Yahoo !, there is a very useful tool to get it.
Well, you will see that this is much easier than it seems and will help you save time. Also, if you only want to check the received mails, you avoid logging in several boxes at the same time. I remember that when I discovered that this could be done it was like Wow! It is super useful.
Step by step to receive Gmail emails in another account, such as Hotmail or Yahoo!
So, let’s do it:
- Enter your Gmail box. Go to the upper right corner and click on the “Settings” wheel. From the menu that is displayed, choose “Settings.
- A few tabs appear on the screen that opens. Among the options that appear above all, look where it says “Forwarding and POP / IMAP mail”.
- Above all you will see that it says “Forwarding” and next to it, “Add a forwarding address”. Click there
- A small window will open where you have to type the email address to which you want your Gmail emails to be forwarded. It can be a Hotmail account, Outlook, Yahoo !, etc.
- Make sure you write it well and click on next.
- There will open a small window to confirm that from then on, you will receive Gmail emails in Hotmail, Yahoo! or the box you have chosen.
- Gmail will notify you that you have sent a confirmation email to the account to which the emails (Hotmail, Yahoo!) Will be sent to confirm the process.
- Now, go to the box you reported for mail forwarding, the one you loaded in step 4, and you’ll find an email from the Gmail Team.
- Read the email and you will see that it asks you to click on a link to confirm the request. When you do, Gmail will open a new confirmation tab that will say something like “Confirm that you want to forward the emails.
- You give Confirm and … it’s almost there. One last step Return to the Settings screen that was left open and give an F5 to update.
- Choose the option “Forward a copy of incoming mail to …”. There it will appear the new mail that you added. Next you can choose what you want Gmail to do with that email that will send you to another account: leave it as is, mark it read, file it or delete it. Decided that, go down everything, give Save changes and ready!
How to put a signature in personalized and professional Gmail
- Some tips on receiving Gmail emails in another account
- I gave you as an example the remail to Hotmail, Outlook or Yahoo! because they are the most used, but you can apply it to any other mail server that you have.
- You can also receive Gmail emails in … another Gmail account! In fact, I use it that way and there’s no bigger problem.
- And I tell you more … you can do it on several levels. It may not make sense, but you may find it useful somehow. For example: from your Gmail 1 box to your Gmail 2 box, then from your Gmail 2 box to your Gmail 3 and from there to your Hotmail.
- Or you can repeat the process and receive the Gmail emails in another additional account, be it Hotmail, Yahoo! or in another Gmail, I mean, in several directions, adding them as we did with the first one.
- My own experience shows that you will not find delays in the derivation of an email from one account to another. In a few seconds Gmail forwards the mail to where you have indicated it.
- If you want to cancel the forwarding.
How to put a signature in personalized and professional Gmail
Signing in emails is one of the professional details that enrich our presentation and communication with others. Putting a signature in Gmail automatically also allows us to save time and make processes more automatic. You understand me, just as we can forget to attach a file, we can omit the signature at the end.
Here I share a video and below you can see the step by step to insert your signature in Gmail.
Add our signature in Gmail for the first time
Once you have logged in to your Gmail mailbox, go to the upper right corner and choose the icon that looks like a little wheel, “Settings”. Click to see the options.
In the menu that is displayed, choose “Settings”.
A screen with a lot of information will open. The first tab is “General”, there, go to almost the end of the screen until you get to where it says “Signature”, next to a text box.
As this is the first time you are going to insert a signature in Gmail, the default option “No signature” will appear by default. Click on the button that is just below.
Once there, the next thing is to write the signature you want to insert in each of your emails. Data: if you do not want to leave in a certain mail, you can delete it when writing without having to enter Settings.
In the text box you have the same customization options as in an email. The ones that probably interest you for a signature are the type, color and size of the letter. It is also useful to insert a link and insert an image.
Below the text box appears the option “Insert this signature before the text quoted in the answers and remove the line” – “that separates the two texts.” . If you check it, two dashes (-) will appear above your signature, separating the mail body from the signature. To your liking Also, when you reply to an email, the signature will appear before the text you are responding to.
Recommendations to create a signature in Gmail in a professional manner
Try different letters, sizes and colors in your signature to look as professional as possible. You can put your name in bold and your company in normal font. Look what happens if instead of using black, you opt for a dark gray. Black and gray are the most sober options.
Using strident colors can take the signature seriously, unless it is a discreet tone and in tune with the identity of your brand. Choose a color that looks good, no pastel, yellow or orange. Forget about red, it does not look good on screens.
The signature can also have a background color, but I do not recommend it because it contrasts with the body of the message and makes it not integrated.
If you have a business or are an independent professional, take advantage of the firm to promote yourself. Place a link to your website and your social networks below your name.
How to change the signature in Gmail
Super simple You just have to go back into Settings as I just explained. In the text box you only have to change the signature for the one you want and that’s it!